Charlotte Lowrie, a freelance professional photographer and an award-winning writer based in the Seattle, WA area, is available for freelance magazine writing, book authoring, and technical editing projects. She is also an experienced online instructor at BetterPhoto.com where she teaches two courses every month.
Charlotte's writing and photography has appeared in newsstand magazines including Popular Photography & Imaging, and PHOTOgraphic magazines, and on the Canon Digital Learning Center. She is the author of eight books (see below) all published by John Wiley & Sons Publishers. She teaches two online classes for BetterPhoto.com. She is featured as a master photographer on TakeGreatPictures.com.
For four years, Charlotte was the managing editor of the MSN Photos Web site, and
she was the managing editor of
magazine published by Photoworkshop.com for a year. Her images have been published in books, magazine articles, and
advertisements, and a selection of images were exhibited at a Midwest
gallery. One of her images recently received an Honorable Mention in the
Women in Photography "Portrait" competition.
More than 20 years of writing and photography experience including award-winning news and feature articles for magazines, newspapers, international Web sites, corporate publications, and photography books. Also 16 years of technical writing and editing experience with Microsoft Corp. in Redmond, WA.
Books & Articles:
* Canon EOS 50D Field Guide (2009), John Wiley & Sons Publishers
* Canon XS/1000D Field Guide (2008), John Wiley & Sons Publishers
* Canon XSi/450D Field Guide (2008), John Wiley & Sons Publishers
* Canon 40D Field Guide (2008), John Wiley & Sons Publishers
* Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi Field Guide (2006), John Wiley & Sons Publishers (more than 1 year in the top 10 on the Amazon.com digital photography bestseller list)
* Canon EOS 30D Field Guide (2006), John Wiley & Sons Publishers (Amazon.com digital photography bestseller)
Exposure and Lighting for Digital Photographers
(2007) (co-author), John Wiley & Sons
* Canon Digital Rebel Field Guide (2005), John Wiley & Sons Publishers (more than 18 months on the Amazon.com digital photography bestseller list)
Adobe Camera Raw Studio Skills
(2006), John Wiley & Sons Publishers
Christian Church (photography)